Monday 30 July 2012

A Trip to Hollywood


By Lee In Suk 

 I believe this trip is one of the best memories I've got from the U.S. It was New Year trip.  I and my host family left Arizona on December 30th and came back to Arizona on January 2nd. My host father bought Disneyland tickets for a Christmas present. A Disneyland ticket is really expensive, actually. It's like $ 250 for 2 days. I was so thankful for my host father for buying me this and because he paid for everything on the trip including the ticket. 
Walk of Fame


I was really excited about that could go to San Diego, Hollywood and Disneyland although we had to drive 9 hours to get Los Angeles. There's no driving over 5 hours in Korea from place to place, so on  the way to L.A. I found it too long and tiring. But the landscapes in California were really pretty, though. It was really green and fresh, absolutely different from Arizona. I now understand why people want to live in California. It was very warm and nice although it was December. 
    
On the journey I saw some beautiful landscapes of San Diego, and we arrived L.A. at night. We went to Hotel, which was very nice. Firstly we went to Hollywood. Hollywood was really fantastic, there were tons of people and very many theatres. There is the ' Walk of Fame ' what is the street around the ' Mann's Chinese Theatre'. There were almost 2000 movie star's names on the ground. And there are handprints and footprints of movie stars in front of the ' Mann's Chinese Theatre '. Unfortunately, I couldn't see any movie stars. 

Next Day, December 31th, we finally went to Disneyland! The Disneyland L.A. was really huge. It's impossible to just walk around there in one day. And there were so many people. I've never seen that many people before. I took many photos, rode many rides and ate many foods in there. It was just a wonderland to me. It would be really fun if I could go there again with my friends. I learned how to ride scary rides such as roller coaster and tower of terror. It was really fun that I could see much real size Disney characters. I felt I was in a Disney movie. I do hope there is a Disneyland in Korea one day.
 
On January 1st, we also played in Disneyland, and went really nice restaurant in L.A. It was a Indian curry place. It was really tasty. It was the best curry I've ever tasted. It was sad when I come back Arizona, but I was really tired, though. The trip to California was really amazing and memorable. I hope I can have trip again.


Description: http://mail.naver.com/readReceipt/notify/?img=Uq%2BvWN%2BCWHUsKxuwbXkNhAtlFqFvMqJCFx%2B4FA2rKxKlaACvMq00MoK9FAiSKrKqtH3Xp6UmFVl5WLl51zlqDBFdp6d5MreRhoRSp6l8M69GW4eNWzJqbdINW6JGWVloWrd%3D.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment