Sunday 29 July 2012

Exchange students from all over the world


By Keyong Tae 

In September, 2011. I was chosen as an exchange student to learn American culture and to learn English. I had really great experience so much so that I want to talk about what I felt. 

The first day of school, it shocked me a lot. I had never seen so many blonde people in frontof me before in my life . Even at my height which is over 180cm I felt so small.  Because all the people were speaking English and had blue straight eyes I felt very different. 


We had exchange student meeting to start with. At first, I thought they were all American, however, they were not. One was from Norway; one was from Denmark, etc.... When I first saw them, I knew why all the blondes just call me 'Asian' not Korean. In their eyes, Asians looks same like me.

 At first, we were not really friendly with each other. But since then after we got together and got to know one another and what we were like, we got friendly.

Can you guess what was the one thing that the entire World’s people like? It was soccer. We got together in the school soccer field every Sunday and played. We had so much fun. Even though, just 10 people were playing soccer, it was like eating Korean food in America. And also other American students start to get interested in soccer. After that when we got enough numbers to play as a team, we would start to play against the home school soccer team.

Before we started, we were kind of nervous but we just dominated them. I was so happy because I got 1 assist and 1 goal but also that we could play soccer away from our hometown. And it was really interesting that soccer which I just thought of as a sport, made all the foreign people as one.

So I realized the importance of Olympics and other sports. 2012, the London Olympic is opening right now, hoping all the players participate games as fair play and all the world people enjoys the Olympic games.

No comments:

Post a Comment